By: Malachi Segers
There’s less than one day before I’m leaving to North Carolina to cover the DNC, and a few things are on my mind.
1. Little sleep. It’s been told to me again and again that I won’t be getting much sleep, and considering how little sleep I get anyways, this sounds fine. If fact, I was thinking of having a schedule in which I only sleep every other day. We shall see how well that works out.
2. Coffee. This goes hand in hand with getting little sleep. If there’s one thing that makes me want to stay awake and get stuff done, it’s coffee. In a way, I have to be doing something under a coffee rush. If I’m not constantly doing something productive for all of five seconds, I start to go a little crazy. So that’ll be fun.
3. Heat. North Carolina is H-O-T hot! I mean, days in a row when it’s over 90 degrees? Being born and raised in the Bay Area has not prepared me at all for this, but hopefully I can just buy one of those mini fans from a dollar store. They work surprisingly well for cooling off.
4. Living with six other people. This is the true story of seven strangers. Picked to live in a house, to work together and have their lives taped, to find out what happens when people stop being polite… and start getting real. So yeah, it’ll be exactly like The Real World.
5. Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair. The DNC better have at least two moments as hilarious as that. Or I want my money back.